Troy Davis is on death row for the 1989 murder of police officer Mark MacPhail in Savannah, GA. Troy has always maintained his innocence, and there was never any physical evidence linking him to the crime. 7 out of the 9 non-police witnesses have since recanted or changed their testimony. New witnesses have come forth identifying another suspect.
Troy's life is in the hands of Georgia's Board of Pardon & Paroles, who has the power to grant Troy clemency.
WHAT YOU CAN DO:
1. Sign the Amnesty USA petition, asking the GA Board of Pardons & Parole to grant Troy clemency, and forward it to others.
2. Collect signatures on a download-able version of the petition.
3. If you are a lawyer or a legal professional: add your name to the legal professional sign-on letter
4. If you are a member of the clergy: add your name to the clergy sign-on letter.
5. If you have contacts with legal professionals or members of the clergy, forward them the sign-on letters and urge them to sign.
6. If you have contacts in Georgia, urge them to sign the petition or, sign-on letters (if they are legal professionals or members of the clergy.) It is important that the Board know that this issue matter to folks around the country and around the world--but especially that it matters to folks in Georgia.
7. 1 million Tweets for Troy!
If you are Twitter user than please consider tweeting for Troy.
Some sample tweets include:
- When in doubt, don’t execute!! Sign the petition for #TroyDavis! www.tinyurl.com/troyepetition
- Too much doubt! Stop the execution! #TroyDavis needs us! www.tinyurl.com/troyepetition
- No room for doubt! Stop the execution of #TroyDavis . Retweet, sign petition www.tinyurl.com/troyepetition
- Case not “ironclad”, yet Georgiacould execute #TroyDavis ! Not on our watch! Petition: www.tinyurl.com/troyepetition
- No murder weapon. No physical evidence. Stop the execution! #TroyDavis petition: www.tinyurl.com/troyepetition
- 7 out of 9 eyewitnesses recanted. No physical evidence. Stop the execution of #TroyDavis www.tinyurl.com/troyepetition
Labels: Call to Action , Death Row , Execution , Innocent , Troy Anthony Davis